I’m a pretty reasonable person, but, the number of e-mails requesting personal support and peddling spam is getting beyond reasonable. With the recent rise in time-consuming e-mails, I have been completely overwhelmed and that has come at a great personal cost.
So before e-mailing me, please consider the following:
- I am not your personal helpdesk. I don’t know everything, I cannot possibly know everything, and I cannot possibly help everyone that comes along with a question.
- I am not a shop – I do not sell products, and I am not interested in selling my items to you.
- I am not a distributor or an importer – I have no interest in becoming a business partner in selling your products.
- I’m not interested in SEO or advertising services or helping you to promote your SEO site which is even less popular than a personal blog such as my own.
- If you have a question, it is often better to post a comment so that everyone can see it and any responses I may wish to offer. That way, as many people benefit as possible.
- If you have a very specific question relating to your circumstances, unfortunately, 99% of the time, this will not interest me. Do not be under the impression that just because I’ve written something on a similar topic that I will suddenly answer every question about the topic that you might have.
- Within every field, there is jargon and technical aspects which can only be adequately explained using the correct terminology. I won’t be involved in lengthy “lessons” in trying to privately educate you about some of these technical aspects. Please take the time to self-educate by spending some time on Google. There’s a lot you (and I) can learn from the internet.
That being said, I am happy to receive e-mails from users when they have something that concerns me – maybe it’s a complement, maybe it’s some well-reasoned disagreement, maybe it’s some opportunity or something not covered above. I’d be happy to receive offers of products to review, or enquiries about licensing my content. Whatever it may be, please be polite and don’t let this deter you from sending me a message. I’m a reasonable person.
If you send me an impolite e-mail, or one about your specific problem that doesn’t interest me, I will no longer reply. If you are half-reasonable, I might provide you half-a-reply. There are many forums online where many technical minded people are able to better help you with your specific problem.
I honestly don’t care for e-mails that go “you’ve written about this, so you must know this, so please solve my problem”, or “you’re so smart, so this is going to be easy for you”. If you leave a comment, I may or may not reply depending on whether I have any time, or information to contribute.
Just because you leave me a message does not make me in any way obligated to help you. I’m sorry, but I need to live too.
I hope that this will save me enough time so I have a better chance of updating the blog with more interesting, different and exciting experiments.
Now that you’ve read that, if you still wish to e-mail me, my address is (please retype and interpret – don’t copy and paste):
For vision impaired, or where the browser does not render the above intelligibly, the address has been read out in the NATO Phonetic Alphabet as an audio recording